Functional Orthopedic Appliances Construction Course
(taught in portuguese)
October 25th to December 15th, 2023
3 modules of 24 hours
Labor – 9h00 – 18h00
Prosthodontists, medical dentists, health professionals
Dr. Carina Esperancinha – Functional Jaw Orthopedic Specialist
650,00 € (module)
Prosthodontists, dentists, healthcare professionals
• Degree in Dentistry or Dental Prosthetics or Dental Technician
• Planas Functional Jaw Orthopedic appliances (PIPS, PIPC, PIPE) and SN20
• Simões Functional Jaw Orthopedic appliances I (SN2, SN3, SN6)
• Simões Functional Jaw Orthopedic appliances II (SN1, SN11, SN12)
General objective / Trainee Final Skills:
• Endow professionals with knowledge about Functional Jaw Orthopedics and its appliances.
• Provide information on the indications and composition of several functional orthopedic appliances and practice their construction.
• To know the action mechanisms and basic characteristics of Functional Jaw Orthopedics;
• To know the action mechanisms of several functional orthopedic appliances;
• To know the indications and contraindications of the different functional orthopedic appliances;
• To know how to trace casts for the construction of the functional orthopedic appliances;
• To know and interpret correctly the functional orthopedic appliance prescription;
• To know the composition and activation of different functional orthopedic appliances;
• To know how to build the different functional orthopedic appliances.
M1 – 25, 26 and 27 Oct., 2023
M2 – 08, 09 and 10 Nov., 2023
M3 – 13, 14 and 15 Dec., 2023
A big thank you for this training of exceptional quality. Thank you for providing us with valuable teaching.
January 11, 2024 – 320 hours
January 25, 2024 – 320 hours
May 23, 2024 – 32 hours
September 04, 2023 – 40 hours
March 01, 2024 – 40 hours